Would you believe me if I told you not a single large toy manufacturer makes a safe hoverboard? It’s completely true. Every brand we tested does not include the most basic safety features: they don’t meet the UL 2272 safety standards for electronics and batteries.
Instead, these manufacturers are banking on your online research skills and hope you won’t notice their products don’t meet basic safety standards.
|TOMOLOO Music-Rhythmed Hoverboard||Best Overall|
|EPCTEK Hoverboard||Budget Pick|
|EPIKGO Self Balancing Scooter Hover Self-Balance Board||Upgrade Pick|
1. TOMOLOO Music-Rhythmed Hoverboard
- Good quality
- A lot of fun
- Good price
Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless- App Controlled- Wifi App Control- Top Speed- 9mph- Maximum Load Weight: 150lbs- 2 x 200W Motors- Battery Life: 9–- Recharge time: 4-6 hours- Charging Time: 3 hours under a 50W charger- Battery: 48V, 5200mAh- Run Time: 2.5-3hrs- Maximum Speed: 12 km/h- Charging Time: 3 hrs- Operating Temperature: 5-40 Degrees Celcius- Bluetooth Version: BT 4.0- Remote Distance: 8 meters- Colour: Green-Running Device Size: 33x10x10CM-Charging time: 4-6 hours-Running time per charge: 2~3 hours
2. Hover-1 Titan Electric Self-Balancing Hoverboard Scooter
- Bluetooth speaker with volume control
- LED lights on the front and back
- Can handle a max load of up to 220 lbs
- Durable material
- 3-hour battery life (comes with 2 batteries)
- Costly replacement parts
- High cost of the board
Hover-1's Titan self-balancing hoverboard is among the best-sellers on Amazon. If you're familiar with many of the smaller hoverboards, you'll notice that the Titan is slightly bigger, making it a little easier to ride. That being said, you won't be able to ride it if you're over 200 pounds due to safety precautions.
The Titan is UL 2272 certified like many of the other hoverboards in the market, and all of the boards that include this certification have to pass a series of tests to ensure they are safe to ride. It can handle people up to 220 pounds and has a max recommended riding distance of fifteen miles at a stretch, which means that you can get a whole day of riding out of it if you want.
It's also Bluetooth enabled, which means you can connect it to your phone and play your favorite music while you're riding. All in all, this is a great deal on a solid hoverboard that we think you'll appreciate for its ease of riding and its power.
3. SISIGAD Hoverboard Self Balancing Scooter 6.5" Two-Wheel Self Balancing Hoverboard
- The LED-lit wheels light up at night
- Construction materials are consumer-safe
- Comes with an UL compliant battery
- Can travel up to 7.3 miles per hour
- Kickboard interaction is not great
- Bluetooth distance is not very good
- Bluetooth connectivity can be very finicky
- Charging makes a lot of noise
- Makes clicking and beeping noises while charging
The hoverboard has all the same features as the previous SISGO hoverboard model, such as a 50-watt motor that can travel up to 7.3 miles per hour and intelligent one-wheel balancing technology.
The SISIGAD hoverboard also comes with a wide extended footpad and a low-heat carbon fiber foot rest, meaning you will have a more balanced ride that can glide smoothly over both rocky and wet terrain. The driving range is up to 10 miles, and the device can be used for 15 minutes continuously before it needs to be charged. It takes two hours to fully recharge the hoverboard.
4. Swagboard Twist Lithium-Free Kids Hoverboard
- 6.5 hour battery life
- Charging time is 60 minutes
- Certified UL 2272 safety
- Download paperless manuals
- Li-ion battery: durable, low-memory, protects the cell against overcharge and short-circuiting
- 3000 mm drop protection
- >20 degree hill climbing
- Soft, pneumatic tires with hand-sewn gummy-rubber fabric
- Assembly tools and certification label included
Best hoverboards 2020 fail to settle on a definitive top hoverboard in this category. But no, wait – the Swagtron T1 is a household name and occurs on every mid-range list. But that's a workhorse for beginners, so let's see what the others have to offer.
Here comes the SwagBoard Twist Lithium Free Kids Hoverboard. While it might have fewer features than a T1, the reliability is there. The quality is there. And even though it might be more expensive, it's still a great deal if you're looking for something that will last for a while – meaning many family event hoverboard rides.
5. EPIKGO Sport Balance Board Self Balance Scooter Hover Balancing Board -UL2272 Certified
- UL2272 certified
- On-time delivery
- Top-quality wheels
- Comfortable & safe to ride
- Easy to operate, just lean to move forward/backward and lean left/right to lean
- Large rear wheel that’s good at gripping to reduce the sliding when riding on a road
- Works very well on all types of road
- The battery lasts for more than 12 miles when riding under full power, good enough for a day tour
- It’s not that loud when riding
- The floating effect is very cool
- Large wheel is not suitable for grass or sandy roads
- The charger adopts European standard, so if you want to buy a spare battery, you’ll have to buy a charger for that battery as well
- The battery is not detachable
This is the best hoverboard I’ve ever seen! I purchased it for my 9-year-old daughter, and she loves it! She uses it every day for at least one or two hours. It’s overall a clever design for a hoverboard that’s fast, fun and easy to use.
6. EPIKGO Self Balancing Scooter Hover Self-Balance Board
- Stylish, compact design
- 400W dual motors
- LG Battery
- 5mm Thick non-slip rubber mat
- All-terrain wheels
- 11.8 mile range
- Speed limit: 12.5mph
- For ages 12 and above
- UL2272 certified
- Some buyers say it doesn’t last too long
- Recharge takes 3-4 hours
- Can feel wobbly / can move away from you
One of the most expensive but also one of the best hoverboards for kids, the EPIKGO is a beautiful board that manages to stay on balance even if you’re moving at high speed. At the same time, due to its smaller size, it’s light and easy to carry around.
For kids, it’s incredibly fun, giving them an adrenaline rush, and parents will love that it’s very safe, all thanks to its innovative design. Buyers appreciate the free-return policy that the manufacturer offers.
One of its major advantages is ease of transportation. Since it’s so light, you can carry around or even put it in your car trunk and use it wherever you want.
7. Gyroor Hoverboard Off Road All Terrain Warrior Hoverboards
- Bright colored lights and wheels for added visual appeal
- Tires are wider and filled with stronger rubber to support heavier weights
- Has Bluetooth speakers allowing you to listen to your own playlist of music
- Easily removable smartphone mount makes it safer for the rider while traveling
- The neat foot lock design is easy to use
- Fast charge time
- It has a waterproof body
- The lights seem to be cut off a little too early
- The tires generate lots of noise
- Some riders have encountered problems with adjusting the sturdiness of their hoverboard
- The tires have been reported to fall off easily
The Gyroor Hoverboard Off Road All Terrain Warrior is a pretty unique looking hoverboard that comes with a music speaker app and features reflective tires that glow when you activate the lights. This model features an eight-inch wheel, wider and filled with a stronger foam, making it a great choice for those who want to cruise around on a hoverboard without accidentally banging it against an object in its path.
8. VEVELINE Hoverboard UL2272 Certified 6.5 inch Self Balancing Hoverboards
- Decent battery life
- Good warranty
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Possible to charge using a power bank
- Hard to get used to
- Treads easy to scratch
- Bluetooth connectivity is buggy
And Free Phone Mount Holder, Wider Footprint, Stronger Structure, Wider Wheels.
We love the Veveline for its high-quality tires, its easy-going handling, and its superb range.
This is one of the more stylish hoverboards on the market with colorful LED accents that really turn heads. But the best feature is the superior range offered by its two powerful motors.
9. MOZZIE UL Certified
10. FLYING-ANT Hoverboard 6.5” Two-Wheel Self Balancing Hoverboard
- High-quality, durable and lightweight
- Safety-certified, environmentally-friendly, low noise
- Smooth steering and anti-slip footpad
- No Bluetooth or other mobile connectivity
- Short battery life
The first one is this 6.5” Flying-ant Hoverboard, which is a hoverboard for kids. This hoverboard brand looks similar to other high-quality two-wheel self-balancing scooters available on the market.
With this hoverboard, you will get a parcel of strong plastic with an impressively long lasting motor, therefore providing you with the perfect option to get your kids excited in hoverboarding quickly. You’ll get a pair of quality LG battery that can provide up to 7-8 rides. The battery takes about 1.5-2 hours to charge for an hour ride.
What’s the most important is that it’s very safe. It runs high strength materials, provide you a flexible foot base, and it’s extremely smooth to ride. This product provides exceptional performance with just a charge.
11. Segway miniLITE Smart Self-Balancing Electric Transporter
- Water-resistant panel and grip tape
- Adjustable chassis
- Foot-activated deck brake
Short range at around 4 miles (6.5 kilometers)
This hoverboard is the perfect choice for both kids and adults who are looking for a safer way to travel around town (and something to scare their friends with). Segway miniLITE boasts a low center of gravity and offers two riding modes (low-speed mode for beginners and high-speed mode for pros).
This hoverboard has dual 350-watt, UL-certified, brushless, gearless, worm-drive motors, a 36V/4.4AH lithium-ion battery and a regenerative braking system. The miniLITE has a range of up to 6.5 miles and a top speed of 10 MPH.
12. OXA Hoverboard
- Beautiful design
- 2 colors
- Available in big sizes
- Adjustable riding speed
- Hovers over most solid surfaces
- Solid construction
- Only available in two color options
- Only available in two size options
- Could be more adjustable
The OXA hoverboard really caught our attention with its design. It has a beautiful clean look to it that will appeal to both younger and older riders.
It comes in two color options and two sizes. The size options are adult and youth. Both colors and sizes make it a great choice for the whole family.
This hoverboard is built with high-quality ABS and PU materials, so it’s very durable and solid. It also has a strong aluminum alloy hover engine that enables it to hover off any solid surface.
13. HYPER GOGO Hoverboard 6.5inch 3D Wormhole Hoverboards,UL2272 Certified Self Balancing electric scooter w/Bluetooth
- Great for carving, light freestyle riding.
- The foot pads work well.
- Speedy, and get to all speeds quickly.
- Perfect size for both adults and kids to ride.
- Large wheels make them difficult to control on different kinds of surfaces.
- Poor quality construction.
The Hyper GoGo 6.5inch 3D Self Balancing Hoverboard is widely known as the hottest and top 10 hoverboards for adults. It can also be used by adults for commuting and training. There are two colors to choose: black and white.
From the appearance to the most important is the riding experience, it is very promising ,just great. The frame is made of high quality aluminum alloy, very good quality on the whole ,not like those cheap plastic ones.
14. Swagtron T580 App-Enabled Bluetooth Hoverboard w/Speaker Smart Self-Balancing Wheel
15. LAMBORGHINI TwoDots Hoverboard 6.5 inches Hover Board
- Equipped with automatic hover technology
- Carries up to 100 kg (15% load of user’s weight)
- Bluetooth App control
- Staying charged for about 2 hours and a maximum riding time of 2 hours
- LED lights capable of holding for 12 hours of use
- Thick tires for smooth riding
- 2 years of warranty
- The rider should be above the age of 10 years
- Available only in one color (black with white stripe)
The LAMBORGHINI TwoDots is a slick looking hoverboard that uses automatic hover technology to allow you to ride the two-wheeled scooter in the safest way possible.
It’s available in a sleek black with white stripe color combination that looks really cool and stylish, perfect for the young-at-heart who want to learn a new skill and be the talk of your school or work place.
16. Segway miniPRO Smart Self Balancing Personal Transporter
- Solid build quality
- Can move on virtually any type of terrain
- Both weight and height adjustable
- Comes with a mobile app for turning on and off or setting it to an inactivity mode
- Runs about 15 miles which is great for a hoverboard this size
- Dual mode allows the rider to choose whether they want to go by foot or hover mode
- GPS tracking allows you to track your child's hoverboard to make sure they get home safely in the evening.
- LED lights in the front and back make it look really cool
- Comfortable foot pads
- Easy-to-use lean-to-steer control
- Inaccurate tracking of data
- Lead time for delivery is very long
- The device is still a bit bulky
Hoverboards are all the rage recently, and you really can't blame kids and those who grew up in the droid era for the sudden interest. It's a whole new way of transportation for a lot of people.
As a kid, i was always thrilled by the idea of riding a hoverboard, and now that you can, it's almost a necessity to pick one up. Me being a cheapskate, i was a little concerned about the pricing of these devices, but i was more excited about the idea of riding one.
17. EPCTEK Hoverboard
- Surprisingly lightweight
- Easy to use/control because of its intuitive remote
- Great LED lights
- 12 months warranty, plus 60 days money back guarantee
- Excellent customer care
- The electrical components seem low-grade
- The battery gives out after a few hours of use
In the crowded market of hoverboards, the EPCTEK is a relatively unknown brand. However, on the flip side, this means that there aren’t any serious problems associated with the brand.
The EPCTEK hoverboard is powered by UL-certified lithium battery that can power the device for up to 8 km with a full charge. This EPCTEK model has a Bluetooth speaker.
The hoverboard is light at 3.4 kilos, so you can carry it around or take it on a trip easily. It comes with full UL testing and certification, which is why you don’t have to worry about its quality.
18. Swagtron Swagboard Outlaw T6 Off-Road Hoverboard
- Highly customizable
- Suitable for adult and teen riders
- Controls are on the side, making it hard to use for kids
- Considerably slower than other hoverboards
The Swagboard Outlaw T6 is a high-quality hoverboard for kids and adults seeking for reliable commuting devices that can take them through muddy fields and heavy rain. The Swagboard has a maximum speed of 6.2 mph, and it’s anything but noiseless as the wheels make some noise when the hoverboard is floating on air.
This hoverboard is adaptable for a variety of individuals, from kids to teens and even adults. It’s ideal for those who have less storage space as it comes with folding capabilities. Although the maximum weight capacity is only 220lb, many have said the hoverboard doesn’t feel heavy.
The Swagboard is a unique choice for those who enjoy riding over rough terrains and want a lightweight and portable hoverboard.
19. City Cruiser
- Great value for the price
- Quality product
- Well-designed, easy to use
This is a very popular hoverboard among our website’s visitors. This super popular 7-inch hoverboards from Inmotion is a very popular pick among kids and adults for commuting, fun and fitness.
It features UL2272 certification and a self-balancing system, which means you can ride it when you are young or old, and you won’t experience any high-speed, uncontrolled, or out-of-control conditions that you might in other hoverboards. It’s great for single riders, both kids and adults.
It has a maximum distance of up to 7 miles at a speed of up to 8 mph. It has a range of up to 12 miles with a single charge, according to the Inmotion website.
20. Twodots Lamborghini Hoverboard
- Top quality in the business
- Very simple to use
- Sturdy and well-built
- Great customer service
- Lifetime Warranty
With its futuristic design, premium quality, and innovative self-balancing technology, it's no wonder that the Twodots Lamborghini hoverboard has acquired a reputation that is shared by few other hoverboards.
The Lamborghini hoverboard is just another one of the best overall hoverboards you can buy right now. The two-wheel hoverboard is lightweight, attractive, and available in a variety of color schemes.
A great feature is the high-end tires that provide added traction, grip, and cushioning to protect your body from bumps and shocks. You can maneuver over various types of terrains as the Twodots Lamborghini sports a 360-degree wheel that allows you to cruise flawlessly.
21. TOMOLOO Hoverboard
- Super fun!
- Great lights!
- Extra protection!
- Easy to use!
- Not scared of rain
- Pretty fast
- Awesome with loud music
- Great for kids who can’t ride a bike yet
- When it gets wet the lights will shut off
- The straps aren’t adjustable. I’m 5-6 and it’s probably a good size for me, but not sure if someone taller could comfortably ride it
- Doesn’t go as fast as you’d want it to, but I guess that’s what happens when you have those big puffy wheels
- No reverse
- It’s not motorized
When searching for a fast and durable hoverboard, many people search high and low trying to find the right one. But we think Tomoloo has done the work for you.
22. SISIGAD Off Road Hover Board
- Easy to Ride, easy to steer
- Powerful Motor with suitable protection
- Aesthetically pleasing, vivid LED lights
- Flawlessly constructed and lightweight but strong
- Safe for children and adults alike
- Sturdy and durable
- Offers a range of 10 to 12 miles on a full charge
- Can support weights of up to 265 lbs.
- Runs very quiet
- Needs to be charged for about 2 hours before use
- Some claim customer service is lacking
- The App is in Chinese
- Some people who purchased the SISIGAD reported receiving a damaged or defective product. Sisigad offers a 30-day refund policy, but you’ll have to pay a 15 percent restocking fee.
There are no better hoverboard for kids. The SISIGAD Off-Road Hoverboard is the perfect board for children because of its support of up to 265 lbs and it’s sturdy construction. It’s also made for all terrain and hardwood.
It’s an affordable and reliable hoverboard that can be used anywhere including indoors, outdoors, on hardwood, or on grass. It’s equipped with an advanced motor system and a battery that provides a range up to 12 miles.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the best hoverboard 2022?
Arguably one of the most confusing areas of shopping for Christmas for the kids is the hoverboard. With almost as many choices of colleges as there are kids, how do you find the best hoverboard that is budget friendly but also suitable enough for your child to use and not to fall off of it?
We have narrowed it down to the best 23 hoverboards for kids and you, and my daughters chose Zippy. This is a basic, no-frills type of hoverboard. It is a good first hoverboard for any child. It doesn’t go very far but it does go far enough for the kid to get around their back yard. So, no matter if it is the best hoverboard, it most definitely reinforces the core values of a child.
What is the best brand for Hoverboards?
For a long time, the trusty ol’ Swagtron T3 was the best hoverboard you could get. And it’s still a very capable hoverboard. But with the newer Swagtron T6, you may want to consider the updated version.
If you’re looking for a popular choice, and don’t mind a little bling, then the Swagtron T6 HOVERBOARD® Elite 2 is our choice. This is the most popular hoverboard at the moment and it offers a lot of bang for your buck. It’s great for both kids and adults because of it’s size and sturdy construction.
Read our detailed review of the® Elite 2 to see if it’s right for you.
Are Hoverboards Safe 2022?
Because hoverboards are somewhat new technology, safety concerns arise frequently. Every model and manufacturer faces these concerns. However, it’s not too early to be thinking about safety when deciding on the best hoverboard for you and your family. There are several factors you should consider when determining the safety of a hoverboard. The following lists the top safety concerns to consider.
Is Sisigad a good hoverboard?
Do you want to experience the fun of riding a hoverboard? The Sisigad board is great for novices or intermediate-level users. It comes with a dedicated remote so you can have more control over the board and its speed. Features like its anti-tilt, high-traction wheels, and the dual-hub motors make it stand out. The heavy-duty tires with firm grip deliver great stability and steering.
The Sisigad hoverboard also has an onboard speaker and LED display so you can enjoy your favorite music and customize the settings to your preference. All of its components were also made for safety and reliability.
A hoverboard is a self-balancing, two-wheeled, battery-powered personal transportation machine. Multiple manufacturers make hoverboards to accommodate user preferences. We have fulfilled the growing demand for hoverboard reviews by recommending the top 23 products in the hoverboard industry based on features, material, brand reputation, and customer reviews. As the hoverboard industry evolves, so will our top 23 list.
|TOMOLOO Music-Rhythmed Hoverboard||Best Overall|
|EPCTEK Hoverboard||Budget Pick|
|EPIKGO Self Balancing Scooter Hover Self-Balance Board||Upgrade Pick|