When you’re hitting the slopes, you’ll want to be completely safe, which is why you should invest in the best snowboard helmet. You may be surprised to hear that you’re not the only one who thinks that helmets are the priority and if you’re a veteran snowboarder, it’s only a matter of time before you end up with a nasty head injury that will permanently scar your beautiful face.
Thankfully, companies have begun making helmets in bulk for all of the snowboarders out there. These helmets are usually heavy-duty, designed to withstand any impact, and come with a lot of excellent features such as a high-quality surround hearing system. Several also offer additional technology such as rear reflectors and display mounts.
|POC, Obex Spin Snowboard and Ski Helmet||Best Overall|
|Odoland Snow Ski Helmet and Goggles Set||Budget Pick|
|Smith Vantage MIPS Snow Helmet||Upgrade Pick|
1. POC, Obex Spin Snowboard and Ski Helmet
- Helmet has a low profile look that works with all riding styles
- Great ventilation properties
- Easy to adjust
This helmet from POC is not only one of the best snowboard helmets for the backcountry but it is also one of the best looking helmets available on the market. It’s a great fit for all kinds of snowboarding, from big mountain shredding to resort riding.
This helmet has an impressive amount of ventilation so you can stay comfortable out there. Keep in mind that when you’re on snow, you probably won’t want to wear a big old ski helmet. This is a great helmet for any kind of riding and it looks great too.
It’s so nice that the first thing you’ll want to do after you fall is take your helmet off. Unfortunately, that is a bad idea. POC didn’t make its helmets so they’re easy to take off after you fall. They made them so they’re easy to take off after landing a bike or a 50-foot air. The helmet has a low profile look that works with all riding styles.
2. AKASO Ski Helmet
- Size adjustable to fit different head sizes
- Ultraviolet protection against harmful UV rays
- Climate control ventilation system
- Ear warmers attach with magnets for easy removal
- Goggles adapter to hold goggles in place
- Dial Fit: Convenient dial allows you to quickly and easily adjust the helmet to the correct size
- EPP and EPS foams and ABS plastics
- CPSC, CE and ASTM certified
Your search for the best snowboard helmet is over: Akaso has the perfect helmet for you. Put it on, adjust the dial to fit your head comfortably and you’re ready to go shred.
As a rule of thumb, you don’t want to skimp on safety. This helmet has been design to meet top safety standards, so you can keep on shredding without minding about getting a concussion in the most likely cases of an accident.
In addition to safety features, this helmet has an amazing ventilation system that will keep you cool and comfortable while you are going down the slopes. However, if you’re going to go hiking with this helmet on, you provided to get a third vent since it will get hot inside just like every other helmet out there.
3. Giro Range MIPS Snow Helmet
- MIPS protection
- Super customizable with add-ons
- Has gravitylock system that conveniently locks the helmet in place
- Has a solid matte finish
- Non-removable liner
- Excel Suede material heats up when worn for long periods of time
- Some riders find visibility to be poor
The Giro Range MIPS Snow Helmet is one of the most advanced options on the market for downhill and free-riding. Its safety features include an Aramid and Fibreglass shell with ABS Hard Shell reinforcement, a VPD (Visco-Elastic Polymer Dough) layer integrated in the EPS (Expanded Polystyrene) liner system, a Coolmax liner, and a Padded Chin Strap. The three buckle system comes with a Double D Ring Fixation System for maximum comfort and a smaller profile.
This helmet’s most prominent features include a Low-profile Air Flow Control, a Double-Density EPS In Mould Construction, an Adjustable Visor, and a RockLock Fit System. The Air Flow Controller is patent pending and features air channels that go through the helmet to help reduce heat buildup. It also has a removable inflatable brain pad that comes with two valves.
4. Oakley Snowboarding-Helmets Oakley mod5 Snow Helmet
- Magnetic air vents
- Automatic airbag deployment
- Curved shape
- Automatic airbag deployment means additional weight
- Airbag pack can sometimes be a pain to install
The Mod 5 Airbag Snow Helmet from Oakley features a curved hardshell and an 11-inch zip-away airbag, which automatically inflates around your head in just .06 seconds when you fall.
This helmet has an Adjustable Air Fit system. The slider on the back of the helmet allows you to adjust the fit of the helmet to your liking, while also keeping it secure.
We love the magnetic air vents because they make it much easier to adjust the air on your face while you're skiing.
5. Wildhorn Drift Snowboard & Ski Helmet
- Completely adjustable
- Fits like it’s custom made
The Wildhorn Drift is a cool-looking helmet from the streets of Stockholm that has plenty of style and substance. It’s designed for shredding on the slopes. It has plenty of safety features that every beginner will appreciate. It has ventilation that could be better, but overall still offers decent performance.
The Drift has an exceptionally cool look to it. It features a sporty round shape in a matte black finish with a style line that runs up the back of the helmet. The back is adorned with the US Ski Team’s official star and a little red-and-white bear on the left-hand side.
The helmet’s shell, as well as the lining, is made with a special polycarbonate. It’s insulated to keep you warm on the uphills and cool on the down. The Wildhorn helmet has a thermofibre vault fit system that will fit just about any head shape. The interior stays dry and comfortable.
6. OutdoorMaster KELVIN Ski Helmet
- Amazing price
- extremely comfortable
- Slightly heavy
- provided storage bag small to fit helmet
Bottom-line: The most affordable option, very comfortable and has nice colors
The Kelvin Youth helmet from OutdoorMaster is a great solution for people on a budget. While it’s more expensive than basic helmets, the price won’t make any recessionistas faint.
The helmet itself is lightweight at around 2 pounds, and has a nice foam lining that makes the helmet comfortable to wear for long periods.
7. VELAZZIO Valiant Ski Helmet
- Ski-style chin strap
- Exclusive patented-pending steering wheel which responds to your steering input to become narrower as you turn, eliminating the force that pulls your head and neck back
- Heat management system that vents warm air directly out of the ear
- Men’s and women’s sizing that both offer a fully removable liner and can be adjusted for a custom fit
- Comes with a bonus pair of goggle go straps
- Stylish and fun colors with interchangeable graphics
- Limited colors
- Need to be removed entirely before you can put on goggles
Have you ever worn a helmet and realized that your goggles don’t fit over it properly? You might need a helmet with vents in the top. Or, you might just feel like you want a little more style in your helmet than you’re getting out of the one you are using.
This is where the VeloZio Snowboard Helmet comes in. The VeloZio features a safety certified helmet design, but also makes it easy to wear your goggles and hear your iPod through its built-in ear pockets.
8. Lucky Bum Adult Snow Ski Helmet
- In-mold ABS outer shell
- EPS foam liner
- Unique little bunny design on top
- Cool removable ear flaps
- One size fits most
- The string used to tie down the chin strap and ear muffs didn’t hold up
- Ear flaps removed felt sketchy
- Not good at all for crash purposes
This is probably the easiest way to add a bit of flair to your snowboarding experience. This helmet looks adorable with little bunny ears on top. A string can be easily attached to 2 attachment points at the chin strap or ear muffs. This helmet can be used for any snowboarding activities such as pipe, park, and freestyle.
This cute helmet comes with a soft padding that will absorb most of the impact during a serious crash. Not only do you have to think about safety, you have to look cute at the same time.
9. Odoland Snow Ski Helmet and Goggles Set
- Variety of colors
- Some have reported that the goggles fog up a little bit.
- Having a bash at the snow is an amazing experience, which is why many people love to spend their holidays passionately engaged in this activity.
ATV Riding, Travel.
In fact, various studies have established that activities the like snowboarding are highly favored by people of all age groups, as it is associated with the perception of risk-taking, which makes most individuals feel fully alive. Since this activity employs the use of cold temperature, the necessity of having the right protective gear comes to light.
In order to obtain guaranteed protection against several snowboarding accidents and make your experience truly amazing, then the use of a protective helmet, boots and goggles are mandatory. However, this is meant to have only when the right gear is chosen.
10. Smith Men's Aspect Helmet
- Removable ear pads
- Airflow channels for maximum ventilation
- MIPS (Multi-Directional Impact Protection System) technology for superior protection
The Smith Aspect helmet can be the missing piece of safety equipment you need to go hiking, running, walking or anywhere else you want to be. Great for any activity, but also serves as a safe helmet for biking to prevent injury in the event of a crash.
The MIPS technology provides an extra layer of protection in the event of an accident. The Aspect is available in 20 colors so you can express your personality. The removable ear pads make the Smith Aspect a good helmet for long periods of wear in the snow. You can also wear the ears down in warm weather.
11. BERN, Summer Watts EPS Helmet
- Accommodates two sizes of mounts (sold separately)
- Durable reinforced ABS plastic shell
The BERN Summer Watts EPS helmet is a fairly affordable snowboarding helmet that can fit pretty much any accessory that you need, and it’s also very comfortable.
The EPS shell of this helmet meets the safety standards of various international organizations. The ultra-comfortable liner is removable and washable, and the ear pads are soft and antimicrobial. Even with all of this comfort, the helmet feels lightweight, perfect for an all-day resort trip.
The BERN Summer Watts helmet comes with two sets of removable front mounts. One allows you to attach any accessory with the included hardware, and the second allows you to attach GoPro camera mounts.
12. TurboSke Ski Helmet
- Designed to be lighter than regular ski helmets
- Comes with a removable fleece liner
- The straps can be adjusted and configured according to your preferences
- Ventilated for better air circulation
- The manufacturer provides a 1-year warranty
- Keeps the back of your head warm
- One of the larger sizes runs a small fit
- Getting a tight fit can be difficult when you wear glasses
- The sizing chart is difficult to find online
One great thing about this product is that it has a ton of features that allow you to customize it to fit your head and your needs. In fact, the vents, the chin straps, and the ear pads are all adjustable.
It also fits easily over a helmet and can be worn comfortably even when you aren’t skiing. The helmet is lightweight so you don’t feel like your head is being weighed down by it.
The helmet is designed to be safer than your typical ski helmet. It is reinforced with advanced ABS plastic and featuring a higher level of protection for your head.
13. Retrospec Traverse H3 Youth Ski & Snowboard Helmet
- Lightweight ABS hardshell construction
- Custom fit 4-point retention system
- Two-way adjustable padded chin strap
- Standard adult fit
- Comes in a wide array of colors
Retrospec is an excellent brand that makes helmets for snowboarding on a budget. This one is their best selling snow helmet, the Retrospec Traverse.
It comes in a ton of different colors, the most of any helmet we've reviewed. It has 4-point retention system that is easy to adjust so it will fit properly.
It has a two-way adjustable padded chin strap;the straps are extra long so they can be adjusted to fit you whether you have a narrow or broad head. It is made with lightweight ABS hardshell construction and has a micro fleece lining for comfort.
14. Smith Vantage MIPS Snow Helmet
- MIPS technology
- Easily removed liner for washing
- Great ventilation
- Great fit, even for people with glasses
- Wrap-around protection
- Small, packable size
- Several color choices
The Vantage MIPS Snow Helmet from Smith is a fantastic helmet with some of the best features in the market. This helmet from Smith's Vantage series is lightweight, soft, and comfortable, with impressive ventilation. It has a unique shape that fits snugly on your head without feeling tight. It also has a durable construction thanks to its durable polycarbonate shell and visor.
This helmet is compatible with Smith’s AirEvac technology. AirEvac is a system Smith uses to channel warm air out of the helmet and cooler air to your head. It also uses a channels to move hot air away from your ears.
The Vantage MIPS comes with an adjustable dial on the back. This dial adjusts the helmet for better comfort and fit. This helmet is great for skiing and boarding in the winter.
15. Giro Seam Snow Helmet
- Cool internal visor
- Extremely lightweight
- Spin dial fit system
- In-mold polycarbonate construction
- Not very stylish
- Issues with ventilation
The Seam is constructed out of several different types of foam and a polycarbonate shell. It is advertised as an all terrain helmet, and it seems to perform well on the slopes.
The Seam has a large venting system. Giro says it has an anti-microbial liner with a guaranteed fit system. You can adjust the fit using the dial above the ear. The dial is easy to use, but in some sizes, it can be difficult to use the dial on the go. Giro offers an extended warranty on the liner if it breaks down.
16. Smith Optics Unisex Adult Vantage Snow Sports Helmet
- Really affordable
- Clip-On tinted visor comes in handy for low-light conditions
Well, Smith Optics is known for making seriously great goggles, and this helmet is certainly no exception. The Smith Vantage is a high-quality snowboard helmet with a lot of key features that make it such a big hit with the community of skiers and snowboarders.
Most of the time, a helmet is only as good as its ability to protect your head and keep you safe in extreme situations. The Vantage passes all of the key tests for safety, but also provides you with some nice perks.
Probably the single most important thing any helmet for winter sports should be able to do is protect you and keep you as safe as possible in dangerous situations. The Vantage meets these criteria, meeting the ASTM F 2040 and The Canadian Standards Association (CSA) Z94.1 certifications that protect your head from trauma during impact.
17. Sinner Ski & Snowboard Helmet
- Increases safety and protection
- Airflow technology for comfort and to keep your head cool
- Multi-impact foam technology for extra resistance to shocks
- Ergonomic design for a good fit and comfort
- Around-the-ear straps to help prevent your goggles from fogging up
- Reflective material to make you visible to other skiers and snowboarders
- Removable goggle retainer
- Some sizes are out of stock
- A little heavier and bulkier than other helmets
- Some reported sizing issues
Chin protector and Removable Goggles.
This Sinner snowboard helmet is super durable and well-made. It's shock absorbent construction will protect your head from any concussions you might get from falling.
You'll be able to use it in both skiing and snowboarding. It's lightweight with adjustable fit, chin protector, and removable goggles.
18. Demon Phantom Helmet
- Snug and comfortable fit
- Owner-friendly design
- Lanyard keeps your hands free
- Adjustable visor
- Good color selection
- Spark plug tool included
- Sized correctly
- Has an audio input jack
- Available in different sizes
- Fits small
- A little loud
- Fogs easily
The Demon Phantom Helmet with Brainteaser Audio is a great choice for an intermediate helmet. It comes in a variety of sizes and colors, is built rugged, and includes an audio input jack in the back to make your snowboarding experience more fun.
The Brainteaser provides some cool tunes on those long mountains that fatigue you. You don’t have to take your gloves off to change the volume or the song on the Brainteaser. It’s easy to operate with a metal clip on the left-side strap.
This helmet looks good, feels good, and comes with a balaclava and spark plug tool. The only downside to this helmet is that it can sometimes become too hot from all the padding.
19. K2 Diversion Ski Helmet 2016
- Affordable price
- It has a removable liner and cheek pads
- Classic full-face helmet design
The K2 Diversion Ski Helmet is currently one of the most popular helmets on the market. It provides a solid mix of protection, comfort, and style at a reasonable price.
This helmet has a classic full-face design that offers excellent protection. It features 12 vents for great airflow. There’s also a removable liner and cheek pads so that you can wash the helmet whenever it gets dirty.
It also has a size adjustment at the back to accommodate for those with particularly large heads. The in-molded ABS shell transfers impact energy right to the EPS liner. Also, the chin straps are covered in leather to make sure that the metal buckles don’t rub against your chin while you’re snowboarding.
20. Anon Men's Prime MIPS Helmet
- Multiple color options
- 45 degrees of lateral motion protection
- Only a ponytail hole
Like all of Anon's helmets, the Prime MIPS helmet is lightweight and made with impact-absorbing EPS foam. It has multiple vents to keep you cool while you're hitting the slopes at high speeds. It also has a magnetic strap guide system and an adjustable visor.
To help you stay protected and alert, this model comes with MIPS technology. This technology is designed to reduce rotational forces that are transmitted through the helmet when you take a hit to the head.
For enhanced comfort, this helmet features interchangeable ear pads as well as cheek pads and a chin strap that can be easily adjusted to keep it securely in place.
A quality snowboard helmet is crucial for reducing injuries and death from snowboarding accidents. The best option for any one snowboarder really depends on what they intend to use it for and whether or not they already have a helmet. A purchase of a snowboard helmet should be a carefully considered decision. This article should help make that decision a little easier.
|POC, Obex Spin Snowboard and Ski Helmet||Best Overall|
|Odoland Snow Ski Helmet and Goggles Set||Budget Pick|
|Smith Vantage MIPS Snow Helmet||Upgrade Pick|